Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oceanside

This past weekend we spent a grand 5 days on the Oregon coast with the whole family. We stayed in a big house where we headed down to the beach everyday to jump in the waves, build castles, fly kites, and completely cover ourselves in sand. This is the first beach trip that Jacob enjoyed himself. By the end of every day he was completely covered in sand and needing a hose down. Luckily, we never had to actually hose him down completely and usually a good brushing off, removal of pants, and spraying of legs and feet did the job. We found out that he now likes (not loves) the sand and loves running in and out of the waves. He would run towards the ocean (a little farther than I was comfortable with) and then turn on his heals run as fast as he could away from the encroaching waves giggling and laughing the whole way. It was so much fun to watch. We had a great time and I love that my family has built a tradition of spending time on the beautiful Oregon coast every year since I was little. We are greatly blessed by such an amazing family. Thank you so much Mom and Dad for hosting us. We love you!

1-2-3....SWING!


Our trilby kite. It's so much fun to fly.


Jacob loved every minute of playing on the beach with his uncle Johnny



He is every bit of what his shirt says



Our gracious hosts...we love you mom and dad!







Julianne, Jackie (w/ baby J) and Jordan


I don't know why I even bother rolling them up...he gets wet anyway

Oh how I love my little beach bum


Jacob getting some love from Aunties Joanna and Julianne

No comments: