Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No sleep in the Hanks household.


Just when I feel that I have figured out our sweet little man, he goes and decides to change it up on us. We experienced a whole blissful week of not having to wake up in the middle of the night. It was amazing and I will remember those days with joy and hope that we will again get to sleep 6 to 7 hours in a row. Jacob has now decided that since he isn't getting to eat in the middle of the night, he will instead spit out his binky (pacifier for those not familiar with the term) and scream until mommy or daddy comes upstairs and put it back in. Since this takes way less time than feeding him for 20-30 minutes he has decided that he will do this 4-5 times a night to make up for that. Mommy and Daddy are about to go crazy!!!! We look forward to the day when sleep will visit our house once more and "all the children will be nestled in their beds while visions of sugar plums dance in their heads". Who knows maybe God will give us that for Christmas. Oh please! I pray everyone else is having a very merry Christmas time and is getting plenty of rest :).

3 comments:

~The Olsen's said...

Sleep will come. I promise! You hold tight to that dream. Cameron is sleeping in his own "big boy" bed and has been for a while now. He does not wake us up to be fed or have the pacifier placed back in his mouth. Instead, he joins us in our bed accompanied by bunny, blanket and pillow. I'm usually rudely awakened by one of the above being tossed over me or him climbing over me to gain his favorite spot right in between Daddy and Mommy! Soooo fun, ya right! Being so tired as it is and depending on the time we let him stay. However, most of the time I haul his little body back to his own bed. I would not trade this for anything, he will be 18 before I know it and then I'll be holding onto him to stay with us...wait...maybe not! All have to let him then take flight.

Cliff and Dana said...

We will pray for you and Mike to get some sleep! As for the Hanks home, we are resting beautifuly here. ;-) tee hee
Though Jacob is not sleeping through the night...he is the cutest baby in in sight. So, hold him tight...it will be all right! Good night, sleep tight...don't let the bed bugs bite. :)

Beth said...

I know this is a hard phase and I think every baby I know has "tricked" their parents into thinking that they are going to sleep through the night by doing just what your little Jacob has done. But, before you know it he will be sleeping all night long and you won't even remember all these sleepless nights you're having! There is a book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child that was recommended to me by my pediatrician and it was very helpful for both of my kids :) Hope you're having a good holiday season otherwise. Take care.

BTW, Jacob is adorable. I love the winter hats posting.