January has come as well as my return back to work. It has been such a blessing to have been able to spend these past 4 months doing nothing but playing and loving on Jacob. I thank God that I no longer have to work full-time but am able to be on-call at the hospital. The last time I had been at the hospital was when I delivered Jacob. I found myself passing by the mother/baby rooms wishing I could turn back time. It seems almost impossible that Jacob will soon be 5 months old. However, let me clarify, while I would love to turn back time to when he was newly born I definitely do not want to return back to labor pains. Those can remain in the past!
Yesterday, I worked my first shift and to be honest I felt pretty nervous getting back into the swing of things. However, the day passed without any problem and I had a nice little assignment that allowed me to remember what I needed to. Jacob spent the evening with my Mom and Dad which they loved and I'm sure he did as well. It's so wonderful having them close and being able to leave him knowing that he will get the next best thing to Mommy and Daddy. He's loved beyond compare when he goes to Nana and Granddad's house :) They'll be watching him about once a week for me when I work a shift at the hospital. Luckily, I don't have to return back full time and will be working about once a week at the hospital and twice a week nannying for two sweet little girls, Sophie and Emma. Sophie is 4 and Emma is 2. They are adorable girls, full of energy, and we spend our day playing dolls, making crafts, and living in a magical land of make believe. I'm so thankful I am able to nanny while their mom Jill does some part-time work because it means I can take Jacob with me and spend as much time with him as possible. That is so important to me right now especially since he's changing and learning so much during the next few months. I am so blessed to have a husband who works so hard and a job that allows me to work around Jacob's needs. 

Sophie and Jacob



Emma and her sweet little curls


1 comment:
hey! I'm glad your first day went well! I'm in the midst of mine now & it's obviously going okay since I have time to write this! ;-) from my phone. Take care! The bath pics are so cute!
Post a Comment