Jacob is now 12 weeks and doing great. His smiles are getting bigger and bigger and I have discovered a few toys that make him crack up every time. He especially loves a little cow that jingles when you shake it and moos when you squeeze it. The reaction I get causes me to squeeze that annoying little cow so many times I'm sure even Louie our cat is completely fed up :) This last Thursday I took Jacob to the ear, nose and throat doctor. He basically just told me that Jacob's ear drums look perfectly healthy and at this point there isn't anything to be done. We will be returning for another appointment when Jacob is 6 months and has had another hearing screening. Apparently, there is not really any advantage to using a hearing aide because he has perfect hearing in one ear and is responding to sound. The doctor also gave me a little hope that this might resolve without any intervention as Jacob's body matures. Anyway, it was not a very informative appointment since I had already heard most of this information. Plus, the fact that every time Jacob HEARS a toy cow mooing he cracks a huge smile makes me relieved that he is able to hear me and daddy just fine when we talk to him and comfort him. He is so precious and is changing every day it seems like. I've been enjoying him discovering something new and watching his facial expressions when he does. He just recently discovered his right hand. He will hold his hand up and just stare at it while he moves it all around. SO CUTE! I think this is the only time in my life that I have been able to feel completely happy and content despite the tremendous lack of sleep I'm experiencing. Jacob is still not sleeping through the night and recently this past week has decided that after 3 AM he wants to be held :( ARGH I wish that he had come with an instruction manual sometimes. It's hard but it is all worth it when I pick him up and he snuggles into my chest. I love him so much!

Wow that's a cool fist

The Hilarious Cow


2 comments:
Janelle, we have the same cow and Nolan just loved that thing. It got squeezed so many times that it sadly doesn't moo anymore :( Sorry you're not getting much sleep still, I know it's hard in the beginning, but before you know it he'll be sleeping through the night and you'll be feeling a lot better! Take care, and enjoy the rest of your maternity leave.
I'm so glad to read that the doctors are not too worried about Jacob's hearing...what a relief! Call me sometime and we can get together! When is your leave over? ~Jeannette
Post a Comment